Newsday Tuesday!

September27

It’s Newsday Tuesday in Year 6 and we want to know what you think about the following article we found on BBC Newsround.

Elephant art painted on People

While this art has an important political message, it also ties in well with our current learning about how artists create different illusions.

What do you think? What important messages has the artist highlighted and does the art make you think differently about these issues?

image

“Newsday Tuesday!”

1. September 28th, 2016 at 7:25 pm      Reply Francesca Says:

i think the artist has done this because if people see this they might think that killing elephants is like killing people and stop doing it

2. September 28th, 2016 at 7:53 pm      Reply Eddy Says:

I’m not sure about anyone else but I can see an elephant when I go cross eyed.

3. September 29th, 2016 at 10:29 am      Reply Jackson Says:

I think the hunters of elephants are nasty because they just want there tusks for money

4. September 29th, 2016 at 10:30 am      Reply Taylor WB Says:

It’s hard to see but then that is what an illusion is for, to trick the brain

5. September 29th, 2016 at 10:30 am      Reply Tillie Meyer Says:

I agree Edward but I also think that when I close my eyes slightly I can see how it comes together

6. September 29th, 2016 at 10:50 am      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

I think the artist has done this to show that animals have the same rights as humans. Also to give respect to the animals.

7. September 29th, 2016 at 10:51 am      Reply Frankie Says:

I agree with you Eddy

8. September 29th, 2016 at 10:53 am      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

I agree with you Eddy because when I look deeply it looks like a animal.

9. September 29th, 2016 at 9:28 pm      Reply Eddy Says:

I also agree with Frankie and also think that they are horrible people gaining money by selling tusks so when hunters see this I hope they will stop hunting and there will be more free elephants in the world.
    🙂

10. September 30th, 2016 at 4:02 pm      Reply Frankie Says:

I agree with you Jackson because they are killing elephants to make money

11. September 30th, 2016 at 8:50 pm      Reply sophie swanson Says:

this art was made with body paint

12. October 1st, 2016 at 5:47 pm      Reply Adam Says:

I agree with Frankie because on the news it said in Africa the poaching was getting out of hand and the tusks were going to other countries for money and so they can eat food.

13. October 1st, 2016 at 5:48 pm      Reply Adam Says:

I personally agree with Eddy because you can see it faintly but still there.

14. October 2nd, 2016 at 8:13 am      Reply Adam Says:

The artist put a lot of work and effort in the painting and he wants people to know that elephants are being poached for tusks.

15. October 5th, 2016 at 8:25 am      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

I agree with your opinion Adam because it looks like the artist has put a lot of hard work into it and thought a lot about it. I think the artist has done this to show that the animals have the same rights as us and we should respect them and treat them the same way as us.

16. October 5th, 2016 at 8:27 am      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

That’s what it makes me see Eddy too. It makes my eyes see an elephant if I look closely it also makes my eyes go cross eyed.

17. October 5th, 2016 at 2:29 pm      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

I think that too Frankie and I think it is a way of showing respect for the animals.

18. October 5th, 2016 at 4:17 pm      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

This is still some kind of illusion and it also tricks the eye. I think it is to drag people in and that makes people know what the artist is trying to tell every one but not telling them, by showing them.

19. October 7th, 2016 at 8:13 am      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

Yes that’s what illusions are for Adam, but this is a special illusion that is made out of people painted and it’s so everyone knows what we need to now about animal- treat them the same.

20. October 7th, 2016 at 10:40 am      Reply Adam Mustafa Says:

I was so happy we did illusion

21. October 7th, 2016 at 10:43 am      Reply Adam Mustafa Says:

Can we do it again please Mrs farrow

22. October 12th, 2016 at 4:28 pm      Reply Eddy Faz Says:

I’ve just thought has anyone googled to see if more elephants are being saved from this article.

23. October 12th, 2016 at 4:32 pm      Reply Eddy Faz Says:

Just googled it guys and its really bad news. People aren’t listening and now some rhinos are dieing quicker than some getting born. It is stupid that people aren’t looking after our animals.

24. October 12th, 2016 at 8:10 pm      Reply Tillie Says:

Wow since I did mine there are loads of comments