Newsday Tuesday!

October11

There have been many articles in the news this week that have caught my eye, but two in particular.

I love animals, and one thing that upsets me is seeing animals facing extinction. The following article gave me hope that some of our most endangered species might have more hope of a future in our world.

Hope for Black Rhino

black-rhino

The second article that caught my eye isĀ Pedal Power in the Classroom. Is this something that you think would help or is it just a new craze in education?

pedal-power

Share your ideas and opinions below.

“Newsday Tuesday!”

1. October 12th, 2016 at 8:19 am      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

I am commenting on the second article and my thoughts on this is that it is very wired to be mini cycling while doing all your work in class. However I think it’s a good source of energy every day and it would keep you fit. Also in the video the children were saying how much they liked it and that it helped them to consentrate with their learning.

2. October 12th, 2016 at 8:24 am      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

If we could have the pedal power in the classroom (mini cycling things) I think it would be great fun and help us to get fit and to concentrate with our learning. Despite the fact they will make us better learners, I think it might make our legs tired. Also I think some people in the classes might mess about, finding it funny.

3. October 12th, 2016 at 8:29 am      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

I am commenting on the fist article and my thoughts on it are that the rhinos are so cute even though in real life there not as cute as they look on pictures. They always have a grumpy face that makes them look sad and that makes me feel sorry for them. Although they always look grumpy, I am happy for the women rhino who had a baby and the baby rhino is even more cute- like any baby animal or human.

4. October 12th, 2016 at 8:32 am      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

I am happy that the people’s thoughts on what to do with the rhinos went really well and i think they are happy that their plan worked. The plan was to take them to Africa and put them in a place where they were safe and happy. Then their plan was for the women rhinos to give birth to a baby rhino and that is what happened.

5. October 12th, 2016 at 4:16 pm      Reply Eddy Faz Says:

I think it would be a good idea mum because it’s not only keeping your brain healthy but also its keeping your legs healthy.

6. October 12th, 2016 at 4:19 pm      Reply Eddy Faz Says:

Don’t we have one of these in school maybe we could all try it out.
    LOL:)

7. October 12th, 2016 at 7:21 pm      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

I agree with you Eddy and I think that it would keep your brain healthy and your legs healthy too. P.s are you feeling better Eddy and when do you think you will be coming back to school.

8. October 12th, 2016 at 7:52 pm      Reply Tillie Says:

I am commenting on the second pic because it looks really interesting but weird . It’s a good source of exercise and I love cycling as well but I think chewing to help you think is much more fun especially with Mrs farrows sweet box . Yummy

9. October 12th, 2016 at 7:57 pm      Reply Tillie Says:

As I love animals I think that it is really good that the black rhino is back in Africa and they gave birth and it’s just like a fairy tail they live happily ever after

10. October 13th, 2016 at 1:09 pm      Reply Kody Says:

I think this is very intresting to do in my classroom

11. October 13th, 2016 at 4:43 pm      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

I agree with you that they are a good source of exercise Tillie and I also agree with you that it is amazing that Mrs farrow is a great teacher making us chew sweets when we have improved our score on our spellings etc, helping us take the information in and produce some excellent learning.

12. October 13th, 2016 at 4:46 pm      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

I love animals too Tillie and I think it is great that the rhinos are back in Africa giving birth to beautiful, cute baby rhinos. I think the owners of the rhinos or the people looking after them are very happy for the rhinos too.

13. October 13th, 2016 at 7:48 pm      Reply Tillie Says:

Oh thanks for agreeing Beth but I love animals #100000000000 times
    but I like seeing the circle of life lol lets take all of our past lessons in from year 5 this has really coming to a discussion can’t not wait till next newsday Tuesday ;)>

14. October 18th, 2016 at 9:41 pm      Reply Brooke roberts Says:

I am commenting on the second article and I think it is a good idea because it will keep you fit it helps you concentrate on your learning but I think it’s a bad idea to because every 5 minutes you will keep on needing a drink and you would get worn out and you might not be able to wright

15. November 2nd, 2016 at 1:13 pm      Reply Taylor WB Says:

The pedalling idea is very weird and could be distracting so I think it’s a bad idea.

16. November 3rd, 2016 at 7:59 pm      Reply Tracy Cordell Says:

Pedal power would be amazing but it should not just be in the classroom – office workers could do with this too!