Fangtastic Fractions for Halloween

October31

As today was Hallowen, it would be rude not to get in to the spooky spirit!

We completed some tricky Halloween maths problems, all around fractions, giving us chance to see what maths skills we could remember and apply from before the half term.

we did spook-tacular and had great fun solving the Halloween fractions.

image

“Fangtastic Fractions for Halloween”

1. November 1st, 2016 at 8:24 am      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

Thank you Mrs Farrow for getting us into the spirit of Halloween. It was fun having them Halloween based but some were quite tricky. Next time I know to read the question so carefully and do what it is asking me to do wheather it was one step problem or more.

2. November 1st, 2016 at 8:28 am      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

Thank you for the Halloween maths fractions. Will you do a themed day for every festival type thing that we have such as: Christmas, Easter and more? I think that would be really fun to do!

3. November 2nd, 2016 at 1:07 pm      Reply Taylor WB Says:

That was very fun but wasn’t 100% easy 🙂

4. November 2nd, 2016 at 1:10 pm      Reply Oliver Bryan Says:

I loved doing about fraction

5. November 2nd, 2016 at 1:12 pm      Reply Izzy Says:

This was really cool because usually maths questions aren’t fun so this was a great way to make me and others enjoy maths

6. November 2nd, 2016 at 6:59 pm      Reply Tillie Says:

This was so fun I had a really good time doing these and I had to hilight lots of info 🙂

7. November 2nd, 2016 at 7:32 pm      Reply Daisy Says:

It was nice that Mrs farrow thought of doing a Halloween themed maths I really enjoyed it also at the same time we were learning:)

8. November 3rd, 2016 at 4:13 pm      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

I agree with you Daisy because it was really nice of Mrs Farrow to think of doing Halloween maths to get us into the spirit of Halloween! I also agree with you Izzy because I don’t enjoy maths as much as other subjects and this made it really fun and a great way to make everyone enjoying maths. Thank you to Mrs Farrow for this great day!

9. November 3rd, 2016 at 4:16 pm      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

I agree with you Taylor because it was really fun but we had to use our BLP skills because it was challenging and we had to think about it really carefully to answer the questions. I hope everyone else enjoyed the Halloween maths fractions!

10. November 3rd, 2016 at 4:16 pm      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

11. November 3rd, 2016 at 7:13 pm      Reply Daisy Says:

We’ve done Halloween themed things within our learning and now that it is coming up to bomb fire night Mrs farrow is doing something to do with guy forks. So exited, is enyone els.

12. November 3rd, 2016 at 7:45 pm      Reply Jackson Cordell Says:

Its a really good way to make boys learn more about maths because it is linking with halloween and I wish that other pieces of learning would be linked to holidays or themes like this as I really enjoyed it!

13. November 10th, 2016 at 9:13 pm      Reply Eddy Says:

I think this was a rely good idea to make learning fun as was surprised to be Halloween.

14. November 10th, 2016 at 9:13 pm      Reply Eddy Says:

You are such an ace teacher
    😉

15. November 10th, 2016 at 9:53 pm      Reply Neil farrow Says:

I wish school was this interesting when I went to school. Keep up the good work all.

16. November 14th, 2016 at 9:26 pm      Reply Kody Says:

Yet another tricky task but I’m sure Mrs Farow will teach us more on it in the future