Alma – Gathering Ideas

November2

As so many of us enjoy Halloween, we decided to take a break from our Harry Potter learning and write some spooky stories of our own.

We began by making predictions after being given a short synopsis of the film Alma.

We shared our predictions using Padlet and used debated what we thought might happen and why.

We then watched the film, in the dark, in true Halloween fashion.

We have started to gather some word banks to describe the setting, focussing on using nouns and adjectives to build expanded noun phrases to help us describe the setting.

It was great fun but we learnt lots too!

image image image image image image image image

“Alma – Gathering Ideas”

1. November 3rd, 2016 at 8:28 am      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

I loved the animation of alma and I thought it was quite creepy. Every time you watched it you saw a different thing that you didn’t notice before and then having questions rushing through your head!

2. November 3rd, 2016 at 8:32 am      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

I enjoyed it when we were working in groups and writing noun phrases with adjectives, nouns and synonyms for the nouns on what we saw in the picture on a big sheet of paper. We worked really well as a group while doing this activity.

3. November 3rd, 2016 at 4:04 pm      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

Our ideas that we wrote onto the sheet are going to help us a lot when we write our story. I am really excited about writing the story in our own words because it is going to be really creepy and it is going to be a fun piece of writing by making it spooky and scary!

4. November 3rd, 2016 at 4:07 pm      Reply Beth Mundell Says:

Did anyone else enjoy working as a group and writing our ideas down on the sheet? Who is looking forward to writing our spooky story’s about alma? Did anyone find the clip/ animation scary?

5. November 3rd, 2016 at 7:11 pm      Reply Daisy Says:

It was fun watching Alma I agree with you Beth because it was a little bit scary and we didn’t know what was going to happen.yeah I am really looking forward to writing this story.

6. November 3rd, 2016 at 7:39 pm      Reply Tracy Cordell Says:

I remember writing my own spooky story when I was at school but this sounds a lot better way of doing it…think I still have the story somewhere – may drag it out for some ideas for Jackson.

7. November 3rd, 2016 at 7:42 pm      Reply Jackson Cordell Says:

I didn’t find it scary but it was good to watch, it was weird how she turned into the doll! Did she turn into the doll or was she always a doll?

8. November 10th, 2016 at 9:23 pm      Reply Eddy Says:

I didn’t even find it scary but Mrs Farrow was scared bless her!
    And also I think we got some good writing out of these helpful notes.
    🙁

9. November 14th, 2016 at 9:34 pm      Reply Kody Says:

In my opinion I think that this was very fun and I got a lot if ideas on that diagram

10. November 16th, 2016 at 12:59 pm      Reply Daisy Says:

I think it was really fun and our writing is really coming on.